Winter Conference of the Swiss Trade and Crafts Association, 17 January 2013 in Klosters.
6th St.Gallen International Energy Forum
13/14 December 2012
Meeting of the Federal Parliament Group of the Christian Democratic Party (CDP) of Switzerland marking the 20th Anniversary of the rejection of the EEA.
2012 Tunkin Readings at Moscow State (Lomonosov) University. Grigory Ivanovich Tunkin after whom the readings have been named is regarded as the leading international lawyer of the Sovjet Union. He was held in high esteem also outside of the socialist block.
Wiener Juristische Gesellschaft, 10.10.2012, 18.00 Uhr s.t., Wiener Rathaus, Stadtsenatssitzungssaal
(Zugang: Wien 1., Lichtenfelsgasse 2, Feststiege I, 1. Stock)
Report to the Swiss Jurists Day, 14 September 2012, 14.00 h, Hotel Kempinski, Geneva
Carl Baudenbacher has been bestowed the title Dr. rer. pol. honoris causae by the Faculty of Economics of Leuphana University Lüneburg on 11 July 2012. Leuphana is one of the leading reform universities in Germany. With the award of the honorary doctorate, the Faculty of Economics acknowledges Baudenbacher’s outstanding research in the fields of national, European and international economic law, international dispute settlement and the law of globalization. With his research in economic law, his contributions to law shaping and law enforcement as well as his understanding of the corporate world and of society in general Baudenbacher sets an outstanding example for the Faculty of Economics.
Carl Baudenbacher chaired the 19th edition of the St. Gallen International Competition Law Forum which took place on 7 and 8 June 2012 and which he founded in 1994. Speakers were, inter alia, Vice-President of the European Commission Joaquín Almunia, the Presidents of the Competition Authorities of Belgium, France, Germany and Switzerland, Jacques Steenbergen, Bruno Lasserre, Andreas Mundt, and Vincent Martenet, David Thór Björgvinsson, Judge of the European Court of Human Rights, Nils Wahl, Judge of the General Court of the European Union, Joachim Bornkamm, Presiding Judge of the Supreme Court of Germany, and William E. Kovacic, Former Commissoner and Chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Carl Baudenbacher chaired a conference hosted by the RF Supreme Court of Arbitration, Lomonosov University and the University of St.Gallen on 24-25 May 2012
Speakers were, inter alia,
- Anton Alexandrovich Ivanov, Chairman of the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation,
- Igor Yuryevich Artemyev, Head of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation,
- Carl Baudenbacher, President of the EFTA Court; Chairman of the International Competition Law Forum ICF, Professor at the University of St. Gallen HSG,
- Alexandr Konstantinovich Golichenkov, Dean of the law school of Lomonosov Moscow State University,
- Jacqueline Riffault-Silk, Judge of the French Cour de Cassation,
- Joachim Bornkamm, Judge and President of Chamber, Federal Court of Justice of Germany, Honorary Professor, University of Freiburg,
- Peter Freeman, Q.C., Member of the Competition Appeal Tribunal, Former Chairman of the UK Competition Commission
- Ingeborg Simonsson, Judge, City Court of Stockholm
- Alexei Stanislavovich Ispolinov, Head of the International Law Department, Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Nurlan Shadibekovich Aldaberginov, Minister of competition and antimonopoly regulation of the Eurasian Economic Commission
Keynote Speech, Forum Aussenpolitik und Philosophisches Seminar der Universität Zürich, Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012, 18:00 Uhr bis 20:00 Uhr