Carl Baudenbacher chaired the 19th edition of the St. Gallen International Competition Law Forum which took place on 7 and 8 June 2012 and which he founded in 1994. Speakers were, inter alia, Vice-President of the European Commission Joaquín Almunia, the Presidents of the Competition Authorities of Belgium, France, Germany and Switzerland, Jacques Steenbergen, Bruno Lasserre, Andreas Mundt, and Vincent Martenet, David Thór Björgvinsson, Judge of the European Court of Human Rights, Nils Wahl, Judge of the General Court of the European Union, Joachim Bornkamm, Presiding Judge of the Supreme Court of Germany, and William E. Kovacic, Former Commissoner and Chairman of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Carl Baudenbacher chaired a conference hosted by the RF Supreme Court of Arbitration, Lomonosov University and the University of St.Gallen on 24-25 May 2012
Speakers were, inter alia,
- Anton Alexandrovich Ivanov, Chairman of the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation,
- Igor Yuryevich Artemyev, Head of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation,
- Carl Baudenbacher, President of the EFTA Court; Chairman of the International Competition Law Forum ICF, Professor at the University of St. Gallen HSG,
- Alexandr Konstantinovich Golichenkov, Dean of the law school of Lomonosov Moscow State University,
- Jacqueline Riffault-Silk, Judge of the French Cour de Cassation,
- Joachim Bornkamm, Judge and President of Chamber, Federal Court of Justice of Germany, Honorary Professor, University of Freiburg,
- Peter Freeman, Q.C., Member of the Competition Appeal Tribunal, Former Chairman of the UK Competition Commission
- Ingeborg Simonsson, Judge, City Court of Stockholm
- Alexei Stanislavovich Ispolinov, Head of the International Law Department, Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Nurlan Shadibekovich Aldaberginov, Minister of competition and antimonopoly regulation of the Eurasian Economic Commission
Keynote Speech, Forum Aussenpolitik und Philosophisches Seminar der Universität Zürich, Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012, 18:00 Uhr bis 20:00 Uhr
Four-act play at Hotel Löwen in Vaduz: (1) The EEA Agreement picks up momentum; (2) the first version of the EEA Agreement; (3) the second version of the EEza Agreement; (4) 20 years after
After the welcoming by Prime Minister Klaus Tschütscher, the following protagonists spoke led by Carl Baudenbacher:
-Knut Almestad, Former President of the EFTA Surveillance Authority
-Marino Baldi, Legal Counsel of EFTA
-Andreas Batliner, President of the Administrative Court of the Principality of Liechtenstein
-Franz Blankart, Former State Secretary in the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Chief Negotiator of Switzerland in the EEA negotiations
-Hans Brunhart, Former Prime Minister of the Principality of Liechtenstein
-Claus-Dieter Ehlermann, Senior Counsel WilmerHale, Former Director General in DG Competition of the European Commission
-Mario Frick, Former Prime Minister of the Principality of Liechtenstein
-Kurt Jäger, Ambassador of the Principality of Liechtenstein at the European Union, Former Member of the EFTA Surveillance Authority College
-Prinz Nikolaus von Liechtenstein, Ambassador of the Principality of Liechtenstein at the Holy See, Former Ambassador of the Princality of Liechtenstein at the Council of Europe and at the European Union
-Roland Marxer, Former Head of the Office of Foreign Affairs of the Principality of Liechtenstein
-Sven Norberg, Former Director of the der EFTA Legal Service and Former Judge of the EFTA Court
Conference held by the Law Faculty of the University of Iceland and the EFTA court in co-operation with the Universities of Akureyri, Reykjavík and Bifröst.
EEA Seminar of the EFTA Secretariat, Brussels, 19 January 2012.
University of St. Gallen HSG, Public programme, 5 December 2011.
University of Liechtenstein, 28 November 2011
Opening Speech, 4th St. Gallen International Dispute Resolution Conference, 28 October 2011
2011 Tunkin lecture at Lomonosov University, Moscow, 21 October 2011. Grigory Ivanovich Tunkin after whom the lecture has been named is regarded as the leading international lawyer of the Sovjet Union. He was held in high esteem also outside of the socialist block.